UX USE CASES & PROCESS
There are many ways to explore and deliver a successful User Experience. None are perfect but all are instructive. The use cases below represent different design approaches: from scratch, redesign and final. I usually go through four main phases before considering the process satisfactory: Discovery, Ideation, Design and Validation. I like to use cutting edge UX research digital tools, such as eye tracking and click analysis as well as 1-1 interviews and focus groups. I use several methodologies to create an efficient environment across all the members of the team including Agile and extreme programming. Some of the steps I take before start designing are listed below:
1. Define project specifics ( In collaboration with Cross functional teams)
2. Team goals and business objectives ( Definition of the QUAD: UX, FE Development, BE Development, Product Management)
3. User Research ( Focus groups, questionnaire, and 1-1 interviews)
4. User Journey including the definition of the Stories and use cases.
5. User interaction architecture draft and definition of design phases
6. Roadmap for final execution ( Including resources and milestones definition)